<VV> Advice: (Info about 4 factory holes at rear of LM rockerpanels)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 15 15:19:28 EDT 2010

Joe,  Every couple of years I attach (duct tape usually) a length of PVC (a
little longer than the rockers) to the garden hose, jack up one side of the
car and remove the wheels on that side.  Then remove the caps on the holes
in the wheel wells at the end of the rockers and flush out the rockers.  The
PVC lets me push any debris along that the water does not move.  Then, give
the same treatment to the other side of the car.  I like to do this on a
bright sunny day so that things will dry out faster.

Some folks leave those plugs out on the theory that air passing through the
rockers will help keep them dry.  I'm not real sure if that is a good idea.
I DO leave them off for a few days after the "cleaning" treatment - so long
as the weather is not wet.

Some folks spray a rust inhibitor up in the rockers as well.  Perhaps I'll
get around to doing that some time (before it becomes too late).

Later, JR