<VV> Stash in Oregon (stash in Inverness, Florida)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Sat May 15 15:31:37 EDT 2010

I don't have any pics, but about 5 months ago I responded to an ad in
Craigslist for cars and parts in Inverness, which is about 50 miles northwest
from Orlando, Fl.  Only ph. # was a friend of the seller who told me how to
find the place.  It's in a rural waterfront area (think meandering woodsey
creek) and the guys house looks like an abandoned shack.  It's actually
several small rambling buildings.  He only has 4 or 5 cars - and  nothing
really special, but he took me into an old garage area absolutely  stuffed with
some NOS, but mostly used parts.  Most are bagged/labeled  or tagged or in
marked containers and he wants to sell the entire stash.   He was talking
$10,000 but that is a "wish" price.  Unfortunately, he has  no inventory list of
what he has, and he is not going to make the effort  either.  There was
just so much there - and it's all inside, that I don't  know how you would find
specific items.  He seemed to know approx. where  things are though.

He could have sold it by now but I doubt it.  I just walked away  because
there was no way to know what he had that I could use.  I DO  remember seeing
him once at a Nature Coast Corvair club meeting about 4 yrs.  ago.  Oh,
when I first met him, I was feeling like maybe I should have  brought along a
little something for personal protection - as his wild mountain  man
appearance was certainly off-putting.  I was having Hannibal Lechter
flashbacks.....   :-)

Oops....   RECALL:  I seem to remember him showing me an LM  coupe that had
something special about it.
Can't remember what it was but it maybe had a famous owner or had done some
 magazine feature/test or something like that.  I know he thinks it's worth
 good money though.  Maybe I'll drive back over there sometime (and leave
"If I don't return by" info with the local police.....).     :-)

Joe Dunlap
Florida