<VV> Filter Oil Leaks

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun May 16 00:13:50 EDT 2010

Re: 67 air conditioned Coupe with adaptor which positions filter in
horizontal position.  I've been experiencing "latent" leaks from  the gasket on
Clark's filters. Upon changing a filter, no leaks are evident  for at least
several hundred miles. Then, gradually, weeping begins to occur  from the
underside of gasket-to-adaptor area. Tightening does not stop the leak;  in
fact, seems to accelerate the weeping. I'm considering trying Wix or NAPA
filters to see if the problem stops. The weeping is just enough to be annoying,
and is the only "vital fluids" leak from the car: lays down a spot of oil
on the driveway about the size of a 25-cent piece. Anyone else experienced t
his  issue?

Mike Mauro
67 Factory Air PG Coupe