<VV> Corvair Ranch Open House May 23rd

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun May 16 16:04:11 EDT 2010

If you are within a few hours drive of Gettysburg, PA then
you should be planning to attend the annual Open House
event at the Corvair Ranch! Jeff is busy making all of the
preparations for a really great time. I just got off the
phone with him and he said that a Glen Pray replica Cord
8/10 just came in for service and will be on display on
Sunday. Come and see it!

I am getting the MuseumBrier and the complete CPF
Traveling Museum Display ready for the trip to the Ranch.
We will have the rare Corvair Fuel Injected engine and the
prototype Corvair Modular engine on display. A few new
items have been added to the Museum artifacts that will be
at the Ranch's Open House for all to check out up close
and personal - as they say. How about a Corvair FC wind
tunnel model? No, not the little plaster one that I had at
the Charlotte AutoFair and the Virginia Vair Fair. This is
the large economy version that takes up all the space in
the back seat area of my Chevy extended cab pickup. This
item has not been available for viewing since the Richmond
Museum display closed down so many years ago. See it at
the Corvair Ranch!

And of course you can come and check out the one and only
CPF MuseumBrier. This "really rare" 'Brier is getting
better every time I bring it to a new event. Maybe I can
talk Jeff into tweaking the carbs and the charging system
just a bit so it runs as good as it looks? Hey! Maybe
we'll have an impromptu "Tech Session" to adjust
everything back there. Seems like I am spending all of my
free time getting the museum artifacts ready for display
so the van suffers. Come to the Open House and Supervise,
if nothing else!

And speaking about getting things ready; we will also have
the CORSA Traveling Store at the Corvair Ranch Open House.
I've got the new Tech Guide Vol. 3 as well as some CD's of
Vol. 1 and 2. I also have the Corvair Basics book and a
whole bunch of the latest CORSA rosters. Don't leave on a
long trip without one of these!! Lots of T-shirts and some
other items will be available for purchase at the CORSA
table next to the MuseumBrier. Save shipping cost and help
me cut down on the amount of "stuff" that I have talked
myself into bringing out to benefit our National Club,
CORSA. Thanks and hope to see you next Sunday in
Gettysburg! - Caveman Pete