<VV> Non stock wheels and tires

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Tue May 18 08:45:47 EDT 2010

John,

     We've been running Wheel Vintique's wheels on my son's daily driver '65 for some time.  They are not the "SS" variety, but the ones with chrome rims and a center that you can paint.  We painted the centers black and got some "baby moon" hub caps and it looks very period correct (like how I ran my Vair in about 1967 while in college).  got the wheels and hub caps through Summit and they were reasonably priced.

     We are running 15 X 7 on the front with a 4" backspace, and 15 X 8 on the rear with a 5" backspace.  We went to wider tires than you are thinking about, with 205 -50's on the front and 225-50's on the rear.  There are no clearance problems and the look is much more "agressive", particularly with the slight forward "rake" it gives the car.

    The 195-60 tires you are thinking about are probably a bit taller than the 205-50's we have on the front, but if you run 15 x 7 rims all the way around with a 4" backspacing (which is a backspacing that Wheel Vintiques regularly has), you should not have problems.

               Travis Payne    65 Monza coupe
               Raleigh, NC     65  500 coupe