<VV> Polishing rocker trim

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Wed May 19 07:11:55 EDT 2010

The rocker panel trim like most other aluminum trim on a Corvair is
anodized.  If you succeed in polishing it to a nice shine you have removed
what little protection was on it to begin with and it will corrode faster
and turn to crap.
The only real solution is to take it to a commercial polisher who can clean,
polish and re-anodize it.  I have seen some trim chrome plated after
polishing if you really want "bling".  I have heard but not verified that
the new aluminum trim you can buy is all made in china and they don't
anodize it.  If you do buy some new trim, get it clear coated before
installing or it will corrode quickly.
Clark Hartzel