<VV> Secret VIN again

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed May 19 10:45:25 EDT 2010

I know Volvo cars starting in the mid '70s put the vin on a plate attatched to the dashboard, on a sticker attatched to the left front door with a bar code, on the right front frame (visible with door open), on the product plate under the hood (attatched with rivets to the inner strut tower), and stamped into the body under the wiper cowling. I'm not sure that was considered a "hidden vin" but it's only accessible after some disassembly.By replacing the door,dashboard (if 1 didn't transfer the vin plate over to the replacement dash), and product plate this car could end with multiple vins. But 2 places have the vin stamped to the body.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado