<VV> Secret VIN found

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Wed May 19 13:53:17 EDT 2010

Okay!  I did indeed find the secret VIN for my Michigan-built 65 Corsa convertible on the right frame rail facing out, obscured by the shock tower.  Many thanks to Rick Norris for sending me pictures of his Sunoco car with the secret number exposed, and to everyone else for responding.

The number is 5Wblah blah just like Rick's car.  Evidently whatever is spot welded to the other side is put on after the number is stamped, because there is a spot weld that has taken out the last digit.  I can make out some of it, and I'm sure I could probably make it out if the beam was taken off.

As an aside, I checked both my Rampside and my parts truck and both have the secret VIN in the same place as JR's.  They are both 61s.  They too start with "S" I dont' know why I thought they were built in Flint.

Again, thanks to all.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia