<VV> Removing lifters from block

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:35:41 EDT 2010

You should not use a magnet of any power on steel parts if you are going to
use them again. Especially ones that are critical like the lifters. They
will attract metal afterwards if you don't demagnetize them and who wants
extra metal on your cam lobes!

For removing lifters, I have a old tool made from some spring steel wire
that has a bent tip. I insert it into the hole or stick it in the circlip
goove and pull. They usually come out.

Mark Durham