<VV> "Crash Course" book

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Fri May 21 15:33:49 EDT 2010

Over vacation I read a very interesting book, "Crash Course", The
American Automobile Industry's Road from Glory to Disaster, by Pail
Ingrassia; Random House, 2010.

This is very contemporary and follows the American Automobile industry
from it's beginning to sometime in 2009.  I think the most recent item
may have been when Penske's bid for Saturn failed.  Foreign
manufacturers are covered as they affect the American industry.

This book tells of the greed, the poor decisions, the miscalculations,
and the arrogance, and other things that got the "Big Three" in the
mess it's in.  There is a mention of the Corvair and of course, Ralph
Nader.  If you're interested in the industry as a whole, you'll enjoy
this book.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina