<VV> Mixed signals trim vs vin

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 17:47:26 EDT 2010

Congrats Paul and welcome to the madness! It is not uncommon for parts to be mismatched after almost 50 years. A '62 vin will start out as 20967xxxx wheras the '63 will be 30967. I'm assuming when you state you will be replace struts you are referring to shock absorbers.As far as replacing all the parts that leak, all the gaskets and seals are readily available though it can be more of an art than a science. Where are you located? The Corvair society of America is an organization you may consider joining as the knowledge, information, and contacts you can acquire are worth well more than the cost of the membership ( a bargain at $45 per year). www.CORSA.org is the website. Good luck.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado