<VV> Lifters

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed May 26 18:38:30 EDT 2010

I just spent $5700.00 on a motor overhaul and some other work on my 63 Corvair
Conv. When the car sits overnight and I start it the next day for a couple of
seconds it sounds like a couple of lifters lost all of the oil. After a couple
of seconds they quite down and the engine sounds good. Will this condition hurt
the motor
would appreacate any advice on this problem     rbeth

 Take it back to the Mech. and have him tighten the lifters by 1/4 turn...

 I recently purchased a car that would rattle like crazy once every 3-4 weeks!!  Then be fine the next 3 weeks!

ALL the rockers on one side were adjusted to "0"- lash...

I added 1/2 turn to all 6... nice and quiet always!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm