<VV> VVDV64I107 Jn Fitch Write-up

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Thu May 27 21:37:16 EDT 2010

Bob:  Good write up.

When you and Brian went to see John and work on the Phoenix, did Brian share
with you any of the material I sent him last month?  I was hoping he could
pick John's brain some.  Specifically,  I was hoping for info on:
	1. How he got from N. Africa in the 15th AF flying A20's to England in
mid-1944 flying Mustangs.
	2. Did he do a stint at what we know today as Wright-Patterson between the
two combat assignments?
	3. Info on what became of the backbone chassis Jerry Mong did, which was to
be used on his stillborn Formula C car and then the Phoenix
	4.  The Corvair VIN number, maybe hidden, of the Phoenix.

And one other bit of history:  How did he become the Corvette team manager
when he returned from Europe in 1955 as a unemployed racecar driver.

If Brain did not share the material with you, let me know and I'll send the
same stuff to you.

It is my understanding he is to be honored at Rd America in July.  I expect
to be there.

Message: 7