<VV> Car Theft WAS Corvair Theft:::::::::::::::

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri May 28 23:21:38 EDT 2010

It's true that if someone wants your car, you can't really STOP them. Slow
them down is the best you can hope for.

My first Sub left a blazing paper (gas receipts) trail clear to LA. In a
way, that was funny, because I had removed the catalyst system and had
changed the crossmember to the non-cat one. So anyone trying to get it
checked in CA would have some work to do.

-Mark

Suburbans taken from my home driveway.  The second one was equipped with an
anti theft steering bar.  It was taken between 5:25 am  and 6:45 on a
Saturday morning in a January blizzard.  The means was a 'sneaky Pete'
wrecker.  Tracks in the snow showed they backed in with a dual tire
vehicle, picked up my Suburban by the back tires and drove away.  They did
not even get out of their truck!  Time require? Less than three minutes.

> My neighborhood has NEVER had another car stolen and only 1 b & e in the
30 years I lived there.  That fact and the timing involved tells met the
thief knew me and knew my cars.