<VV> Oil pressure

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 29 16:30:04 EDT 2010

What Oil is in use?
Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: "PETER INMAN" <monza1965 at yahoo.com>
To: "virtual vairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: <VV> Oil pressure

I guess the question is at engine hot after a 3 mile hike up and down hills
the engine is definately warm, not smokeing hot but well warmed up. This is
when I notice low oil pressure at low rpm. I just started it for the morning
and both guages (electrical and mechanical) check 45/50 Lbs at idle. Thats
what I always had just pokeing around the yard never really getting it warm.
I have the raised pressure spring from Clarks installe. Starting to rethink
spring to original. Should cold verses hot have that much effect on
pressure. At warm oil temp at 2000 rpm the pressure checks around 40, verses
60 at start up tempiture. Anything else please let me know. After so many
years of getting this ready I`m so paranoid. Pete