<VV> No brochures-no corvair

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Sat May 29 16:33:41 EDT 2010

> Stopped into my local Chevy dealer the other day for some parts, and decided to pickup a brochure on the new camero. Well they don't have any! Nothing for ANY Chevy product. Something about GM going green. Look it up on the Web I was told. Well bullsh-t!
> The website is a poor excuse for a brochure.
> When did this happen?
> Or is this dealership so small that they don't get brochures, or is one of those dealerships being canned?
> Harry Yarnell

Bought a new Corvette this year and did not get a brocure either. Dealers
have to buy them now for lines that even have them. Was able to get a pdf
of brocure from friend. GM has also really clamped down on employee
discounts. Got my pickup a couple years ago with employee pricing cause
higher ups at GM could "give" an authorization for it. That is all gone.
They are trying to save money all over- some may come back as time goes by
and they get stronger and market forces take over.

frank