<VV> Rust-proofing a Late Model

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 30 18:06:56 EDT 2010

I did several '69s 3 decades ago at 35 K, the convertible turned out almost OK. Still have  it at 60,000. The 500 coupe (done at 35,000) is a rust bucket at 175,000. I sketched several cross sections for the tech to use. They also found several more. Particularly the rear engine compartment frame. They don't like to go high into doors etc. as it can booger up the door locks and window mechanisms.

 I had them go high into doors. Should have them go directly into the rockersfrom the ends.  All depends on skill and patience of the tech doing the job. When I did my new '69 Nova they over did it. I sold the car a few years ago with 300,000 + miles with NO rust in floors/trunk/doors/under hood. A bit in lower fenders.

 Its gotta be dry!!! to do the job
 MIKE KOVACS