<VV> cars (some Corvair content)

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 30 19:47:13 EDT 2010

Now I will say this, and it will definitely tick some people off.
For those of you, who have good luck with GM cars over the years, all I can
say is, "your results may vary".
Other than my fascination with the Corvair.
I would rather walk than drive another GM vehicle.

Put it this way, you don't have enough money to pay me to drive a GM
vehicle.
If they were selling new Corvettes for $5 apiece, I would not cross the
street to get one.

GM lost me years ago with a series of disasters, both what I owned and what
my grandfather owned and I had to fix.

I don't give a rats hairy behind about your luck with GM. I lived through
the vehicles the government had to come up with lemon laws to deal with.

Today my daily driver is a Prius, also have a Subaru for a winter beater.
My make of preference, is MOPAR, I have a Dodge Ram.
I have a particular affinity for Ford, my family was a Ford Family.

GM treated people like garbage in the 70'sd and 80's, and that's where I
fall. They lost me forever, and as far as I'm concerned, there is no
redemption. Frames rotting, horrible QC, downright bad designs, poor build
quality. Why would I go back?

Debate all you will about your 90's cars.
The people they lost prior to that will not be back.
So 90's quality means nothing to us.
We took that risk before, and really don't care.

I PO people all the time, that the last good GM car was the Corvair.
I'm sticking with that.............

Gary Swiatowy

From: paul beck <pbeck001 at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Gm cars (some Corvair content)

We are on our 3rd Caprice. Had a 91 that went over 260K, a 93LTZ that's
still going with over 260K, and just bought at estate sale a 94, with 9960
total on the clock. And yes, I'd probably buy another if I could get low
miles. They consistenly get 25+ mpg and very low maintainence.
Corvair content....
Got my 65 Crown car all together and wil be driving it to Cedar Rapids. My
wife will follow with my truck and trailer just in case (also she doesn't
want to make the drive without a/c).
Paul Beck
Corsa
v8 registry