<VV> GM/Ford/MOPAR/etc

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 22:02:06 EDT 2010

My parents purchased a new '57 Buick (Model ?) when I was in high school.  They drove it a couple of years and shipped it to Germany where they drove it all over Europe.  It was a great car.  My father-in-law had a '55 Buick when my wife and I married in '63.  He drove it until '69 (160,000 miles) when he purchased a Dodge.  He offered the Buick to me.  Other than a tranny in the '57 (I was accused of ripping it out dragging a Pontiac) these cars were flawless.  I admired both cars but they were not for a young buck.  I stuck to my Corvair ( a new '63 Convertible, later a 65 Coupe, then a '67 Sedan w/AC, 63 Convertible, and I now have a 64 Convertible, 61 Lakewood, 62 ElVair, 62 Rampside).  For several years I did not have a Corvair, sob, sob.  Between 1972 and now I have had various makes, Ford, GM, Mopar, VW.  I will not bore you any more with what they were.  Fortunately, I have never had a lemon!  I currently have an '87 ElCamino (made in Mexico, purchased new, now with 80,000 miles) and a '07 Buick Lucerne.  I finally decided that I no longer required a sporty car and was now mature enough for a Buick.  All of this is to say that as an American I will continue to support the American auto industry.  They may not be the best but they are ours!  Many of the foreign autos may be built in America but the big three belong to us.  Foreign investors may have stock in the big three but the cars are American.  They may have foreign made parts but . . . you get the picture.  BUY AMERICAN!

Ray Davis
P Think Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.