<VV> Prius Battery

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Mon May 31 11:41:19 EDT 2010

Taxi driver can put on 300k miles in three years. That's the best environment for a battery. What about the car that gets driven 10k a year where 5k of that is below-zero temp (heavy discharge, lots of semi-charged time)? I think that battery is not lasting 300k....

Having said that, lots of Prius cabs here in wintery subzero Winnipeg. Don't know if anyone is gathering statistics on battery life.

Doesn't matter to me though, a Prius is such a penalty box I can't imagine myself voluntarily driving one. Waiting for Saab to release their 1.9L turbodiesel in Canada.

Les
Corvair driver
Saab driver
Message: 7