<VV> transmission without removing motor

corsaconvertible corsaconvertible at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:09:25 EDT 2010

Years ago, around 1980, on my '65 I replaced the 4 speed in sub-zero weather
in my apartment parking lot. I started at sunrise, and made it to work by my
noon starting time that day. I didn't lose much gear oil at that
temperature. As soon as I separated the transmission from the differential,
I plugged the passages with petroleum jelly, then cleaned the mating
surfaces. It just took a few hand tools, a pair of jack stands, and a
standard floor jack. I was pretty proud of my accomplishment!
Tony Hansen