<VV> HHI Concourse

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Wed Nov 3 07:48:15 EDT 2010

To those going to the Concourse this weekend on Hilton Head, be very
careful when going to Honey Horn. It is not easy to find. Drive
slowly. There is a lot of traffic in that area of 278 and if you're
not careful, you'll drive right by the entrance, it is not obvious. I
suggest you research Google Maps and know where you're going.

I see they're listing off-site parking at the HHI schools. That might
be a good bet. I can't see where it says, but they must be running a
shuttle to the concourse.

Oh, and the best restaurants in the Honey Horn area are probably Crazy
Crab, on 278, Sunset Grill (research it, a wonderful restaurant but
fairly expensive). Roastfish & Cornbread is worth looking for, down
Marshland Road. If you're staying at the Marriott in Palmetto Dunes,
go over across 278 to Shelter Cove, park and look around. They usually
have an excellent early bird at Bistro 17, but there are several nice
restaurants there. You may also want to look here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g54273-Hilton_Head_South_Carolina.html

I should also mention that if you're not familiar with HHI, it can be
difficult to find businesses there as there are so many trees. Most
businesses are back there somewhere behind all the landscaping. That's
why HHI is such a beautiful place.

If you're driving to HHI from points north, coming down I-95 going
toward Savannah, I recommend exiting I-95 at exit 28, where you get on
462 to 170 to 278. This way is shorter, maybe faster, and much more
scenic. When you come to 278, just turn left and go to the island.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
CORSA member since 1980