<VV> mic-ing my rod bearings (1967 Monza 110 PG)

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:24:55 EDT 2010

Charlie, sounds like you have a good journal there. If you end up with
a full 1.800, then std bearings would do, if 1.799, then std or .001
bearings.

The aluminum piston material may have worn away over time, and any
pieces are ground up by the rotating mass of the crank/rods or the cam
and went to the oil filter. Not much you can do about something you
cannot find. Since you have taken the pan off and checked/cleaned the
screen, you should be good to go.

Mark Durham