<VV> Smitty's tool/parts list, 3 of 3

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 21:29:56 EDT 2010

Spare module for GM HEI distributor.  Substitute points and condenser for standard distributor.
Pair of new plugs.
Emergency Equipment
          Fire extinguisher.
          Small air compressor with red strobe light.
          50 Ft Nylon toe strap.

Special tools S-1 through S5
          S-1.  You can get replacement alternators from any FLAPS but removing the nuts to convert to Corvair requires an impact wrench which is hard to find on the road.  Short handle wrench can be struck with a hammer to break nuts loose.
          S-2. Slim 1”  wrench is for carb inlet fittings and for PG transmission modulator valve.  I made mine from plate stock.
          S-3. Cut off 9/16 for back idler bolt and distributor nut.  Box end can be slipped over handle for extra leverage and work at 90 degrees.
          S-4.  5/16 ratchet nice for Wagon side engine seal strips.
          S-5.  Some tools are so unusual I don’t know where I would find a replacement.  The little soldering iron has been wonderful to have a couple of times.
          No Flashlight???  The batteries are always dead or dying when you need them.  I much prefer the 15 ft drop light for night work.
          ¾ LB hammer???  I use a half LB for most things at home but I have larger hammers for backup.  ¾  compromise seems about right on the road.
          C-1 for muffler hanger repair and hose clamps and other uses.
          C-2 You never know what you will need so just throw in some of these and some of those.  You may be lucky.

                                                                                        Smitty