<VV> Ethanol-Free Petition

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 7 00:43:23 EDT 2010

>... authority to  make sure ethanol free premium unleaded gasoline is available.

Looking at the pure-gas website it looks like it is available, in select
locations -- if it is not available near your location it is either a
marketing problem or state or other regulations, it would seem. I do not
see the benefit of a Federal petition.

And the pure-gas list is far from complete.

The real issue with ethanol isn't how it burns, it is how it makes fuel
absorb water (just like regular brake fluid) -- the water and ethanol
then forms some corrosive agent that eats your carbs and metal gas tanks
and the inside of fuel lines, especially in cars and boats in any length
of storage -- some say anything over three days.  Marine Stabil seems to
counter act this problem, but not as well as using ethanol free fuel.

Bill Strickland