<VV> Spare parts/tools for Corvair trips

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 10:54:22 EST 2010

I am like Smitty.  I take a full trunk full of spare parts, tools, aluminum
floor jack, electrical wiring supplies and most important "a tow strap"!
I want a reasonable chance of returning from a long trip without abandoning
my Corvair and flying home.  This summer my wife and I attended a Friends of
Corvair event in neighboring Ohio.  We came out of a fuel/pit stop near
Toledo and the starter nose broke and I couldn't get the car started.  I had
a tow strap and my son came down and towed me 40MPH and I dropped the PG
into D with the key on and it started.  That got us home about midnight.  On
my recent trip to Vermont for our annual VICE chapter event I took a spare
starter with me!  Yes I was a boy scout decades ago.  Be prepared.
Clark Hartzel