<VV> irregular idle

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 11:56:21 EST 2010

I had a very similar problem on my '63 ragtop.  It has the 65 style carbs.  It about drove me crazy until, completely by accident, I discovered the answer.

You, more than likely have bent linkage somewhere.  It doesn't take much to cause trouble.  All you have to do is check it really closely and observe its operation.  It'll take some "playing around" and a lot of patience.   I discovered my answer when , at 1 am in the morning , I forgot to hook up the chokes and the next morning, upon starting it, it idled fine.  Good luck and good hunting!!

Randy (Capn) Hook

63 ragtop 84/pg

65 monza 4dr 110/pg