<VV> Baffle Installation

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 12:36:48 EST 2010

resent

 MIKE KOVACS

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Kovacs <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>
To: Byron Comp <byron.comp at yahoo.com>
Cc: VV <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Mon, November 8, 2010 12:26:05 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Baffle Installation

I figure you already have the heads on and all the valves adjusted, right? If
so, you have to remove the push rods  to remove the push rod tubes, to put the
baffles and springs in, this of course ruins the valve adjustment and it must be

done all over again after to baffles and push rods are installed.

Heads do not have to be removed. The correct '65 service manual was not
followed. It's such a wonder! Not such a reputable shop to forget to ask for the

baffles and springs before installing the push rod tubes. Easy for a beginner to

forget though!

the order should have been:

heads installed
baffles with springs installed