<VV> Removing piston connecting rod caps ?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 22:37:57 EST 2010

In a message dated 11/8/2010 8:42:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

I use an  8 oz hammer with soft caps on it to persuade the cap to come 
loose.  It  may take quite a few shots at the parting line and each rod  bolt.


And before I bought my hammer I used a block of wood and a regular hammer  
(block of wood goes on the cap of course).  Good excuse to buy your own  
hammer with caps or a dead blow hammer.
Bob Hall

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list