<VV> Corvair-Porsche

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Wed Nov 10 11:48:27 EST 2010

Bill:  I understood you were quoting from the magazine.  I did not recognize
your comment after the quote as sarcasm.  I read it to mean you thought the
story that Dr. Porsche and company had contributed to the Corvair design was
true, and the story of their participation has yet to be fully disclosed and
reported.

Sorry I misunderstood your comment.  My only defense, if one is needed, is
that our friend Bob apparently took your comment the same way as I did.  So
apparently at least two "of the brightest minds posting on this list" failed
to live up to your expectations.  Please accept my apology.  I completely
misunderstood your comment.

My comment about "knowing who Karl Ludvigsen is" was uncalled for in
retrospect.

I am also sorry I did not recognize you name as being someone else who has
contributed to Corvair history in the Communique.  I think, having failed to
understand you comment as you intended, I also failed to cross reference
your name to previous Communique content.  For that I also apologize.  I
appreciate your work, and have enjoyed and profited by it.

Your defense is effective and you bona fides secure.

I am sorry for my failure(s) in this matter.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice

Message: 3