<VV> Porch Involvement

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Nov 10 12:50:41 EST 2010

Smitty Says;  Yeah I know I said it wrong.  Had a neighbor that was eat up with Porsches, along with his Dad.  He would go insane when I called them porches.
Anyway I have been to the conventions and heard the guest speakers and read the transcripts and I say none of the argument is necessary.  GM was a God to themselves in the 50s.  They could do no wrong.  NIH (Not Invented Here) was embeded in their mindset.  They had some of the best engineers in the world and they knew it.  You could have asked any of them.  No doubt in my mind they examined other air cooled engines.  They might have looked at Harleys or even Briggs engines to see what they could learn.  No doubt porsches too.  But to suggest that they had some outsider tell them how to build an air cooled (or any other engine), is to ignore the fact of the corporate "think" of that time.  It couldn't have happened.