<VV> Late Model Light Switch

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Nov 13 07:36:15 EST 2010

Do the instrument panel lights work when the headlights are on / knob pulled all the way out?  The IP lights are wired to fail when the tail lights fail [fuse?].
Ken P

John Howell" <32chevy at 0306.org> wrote:

Would someone that really knows the wiring and operation of the late model Corvair light switch can verify if the green wire going from the light switch to the fuse block should supply power to the fuse block for the panel lights when the knob is pulled out to the first notch ?  My old switch does not do this and a new switch I bought does not do that either, both send power to the purple wire when pulled out to the first notch.
 Testing continuity from a grey wire to a panel bulb thru the fuse block out thru the green wire to the point on the light switch where the green wire terminates shows a complete circuit but the light switch does not send power through this point. I am stumped as to how this is supposed to work, the service manual wiring diagram leaves alot to be desired. So I am without any panel lights.

Thanks
John Howell
`66 Corsa Convertible