<VV> Baffle Installation

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 22:00:42 EST 2010

Bill,

My current daily driver has moly orange push rod tubes, on the head side
only, as well as the oil pan. There are not the primary reasons the engine is
 being replaced with a rebuilt one, but "features" that will not make it on
the  new engine.

Ned

In a message dated 11/14/2010 2:16:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

>There is a tool for pushrod tube removal which does no  damage to the
tubes.
>A Corvair shop would have one.

As  well as most Corvair vendors.

I thought all Corvair owners had two or  three of these laying around -
one of each type -- well, at least I do --  makes it easier to find one
when needed -- often kept with the cut-up  valve covers, flywheel
holders, etc ...

Often homemade with an old  cut down pushrod tube, some rebar, and a bit
of brass.

IF one  choose to paint the push rod tubes, generally it is a black &
white  scheme, but definately not orange, as much as I like the color.

Bill  Strickland.
the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/