<VV> Redneck's CO alarm ( no redeeming content )

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Mon Nov 15 10:26:17 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <Sethracer at aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:17 PM
Subject: <VV> No LETTER/Consurmers Report

> window cracked for additional ventilation.  I have lost  my copy.   Anyone
> got one they can scan?
>

> I don't have a copy - Sorry!  But since conspiracy theories are  so "hot"
> these days, how about a good conspiracy theory? Even if not a  conspiracy,
> still a theory!  Even though GM knew about exhaust packing  leakage (if
> not
> "properly maintained"), GM still installed neoprene O-rings in  pushrod
> tubes,
> so that the resultant oil leakage would cause some smoke/odor to  be drawn
> into the passenger compartment, via the heater/defroster,  causing  the
> driver or passenger to crack open a vent window to get rid of the smoke,
> thus
> also exhausting the carbon monoxide from the leaking exhaust packings,
> and
> saving the driver to once again go forth and buy another GM car! Hey,
> nobody
> wants to kill their customers!
> Seth  Emerson

***********
AHA!  I think  you have nailed it ..  that is, the basis for the " TWEETY  "
awards sometimes showing up at meetings of Corvairs ...    as I remember it,
back in that day, each corvair came with a live TWEETY;  the idea being that
the owner/driver keep a sharp eye on the activity of the little bird;;;;
when the activity stopped, it was time to re-fit new O rings on the pusherod
tubes & new gaskets on the exhaust joints   ....  and also order out a new
tweety.

And so even today, the TWEETY awards rewards us Nostalgic Corvair types with
a warm and fuzzy ... well, featherly...feeling ...

An additional little reported fact was that George Gobel ( a well known
humoroust of that day ) was a Fan on  ... er .. of ... the Corvair, and
often referred to his exhausted  ( get it ?  )  avion ...  " well I'll be a
dirty Bird " ...

Funny how small a world it really is, if you think about it a lot ...

Reargards. ken campbell, " 2 questions for every answer, no waiting ... "