<VV> Will my newfangled 'ring compressor' contraption work ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Tue Nov 16 18:22:43 EST 2010

OK, that's Option # 3, to install the piston into the barrel, and then put
the whole thing onto the crankcase.

I guess I was too close to the forest to see that particular tree ?!?!?

However, my custom 'ring compressor tool' will work there too ?

NOTE : I was practicing (doing it your way, actually) but had a heck of a
time getting the rings in even on the bench, so I came up with this
newfangled tool.
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/CorvairTools.htm

This would be the perfect size since it's made from a Corvair cylinder
barrel, right ?

No need to fool around with a general purpose tool ?

Thanks for clearing my vision on Option 3 !
Charlie