<VV> Disassembly continued

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 21:02:52 EST 2010

Hi Harry,
It looks like someone has at least installed a '64 or '65 transmission (based on the fact I don't see a drain plug for the transmission, only for the differential). I see what you mean on the modified front trans crossmember. Does your shifer knob show the gear numbers? Were there any shims in there on the left side between the trans and the crossmember? Was there a thick spacer on the right side?
And I think most of the guys remove the transaxle with the crossmember but I'm not sure there is any advantage. And I believe we remove the pistons/rods/cylinders as an assembly as well(as per a current subject by Charles Lee). I'm envious of the fun it appears you are having. Keep the pics coming.
Timothy Shortle in (cold) Durango Colorado