<VV> Bearing problems

Charles Birchwood sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 20 11:33:27 EST 2010

Hey all,

So I put front discs on my car a couple months ago and had an alignment done
afterwards. My drivers side wheel is still cambered a little out words so I
pulled things apart and looked at the warble in the disc as I spun it on the
hub, signifying that the alignment wasn't an issue, so I figured I had worn out
bearings. I replaced the bearings and races and repacked the hubs. Turns out,
the bearings weren't the problem either; my hub is warped, anyone else have that
problem and what causes it. Before you ask, the spindle is straight! Through
this replacement process, I discovered something else: the new inner bearing on
the passenger side would not fit onto the spindle while the drivers side slid
right on with very little play. I'm not sure what's going on; the bearings I
bought are identical in size and diameter for both sides and one side slides on
while the other won't. I measured the outer diameter of the spindle for the
problematic side and discovered it is 0.001" bigger that the inner diameter of
the bearing. Does anyone have an idea? Could I have a lemon spindle or bearing?
Is the spindle from a different year or car that has a different size? The outer
bearing fit fine on both sides.

1965 Monza Sport Coupe 95hp PG
 Charles Birchwood Ps. 121
"Nullius addictus judicare in verba magistri"-Horace