<VV> Franklin Mint alert!

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 21 07:01:08 EST 2010

Yes it's new, more or less. Actually a new version of their previously
released 60 coupe sporting different colors.
But, as for 50th anniversary, they missed the boat on that one.
50th anniversary is over.
And while the original release was an accurate depiction of the 60 Monza.
This one is not.
Monza's were not available with two tone colors like this one. And the
Monzas did not have the wide white wall tires.
Interior would be inaccurate as well.
Though in a pretty red color, I 'm guessing this one will be marked down
under $50 in 6 months.
Like the original release is now.

Gary Swiatowy

From: Tom Berg <thesuperscribe at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Franklin Mint alert!

Folks,

Franklin Mint has a "1960 Chevrolet Corvair 50th Anniversary" model in its
latest printed catalog. It's a white-over-red Monza coupe. The on-line
catalog
(http://www.franklinmint.com/1960-Chevrolet-Corvair-50th-Anniversary-LE--P10
994.aspx)
 has a history of the car and its then-new Monza trim. Only 1,500 of the
1:24
models have been produced, FM says.

Maybe this?FM product?isn't new, but my wife pointed it out to me a couple
of
days ago and it's the first time I've seen it. Price is $145 "or 3 easy
monthly
payments of $45.33."

--Tom in Ohio