<VV> Non-Adjustable ring compressors

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 21:07:41 EST 2010

In a message dated 11/23/2010 12:34:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mmccrae6 at cox.net writes:

I must  add, after completing my 65th engine (I have a "Corvairs Only"
shop, thus the  numbers)....that I love the tapered ring compressor sold by
"Total Seal  Rings"....in fact, I love the Total Seal" ring. This little device
allows you  to almost push the rings and piston into the barrel with finger
pressure, and  avoids the chance of ring breakage which presents itself with
other devices  requiring higher compression of the device

Find your size here: _http://www.totalseal.com/Tools.aspx_
(http://www.totalseal.com/Tools.aspx)
Then choose "non adjustable ring compressors" in the drop down.

Cool!  If you have a "Corvair" Shop, like Mike, you probably need  a few
sizes. If you only build, say .030 over, looking good!

- Seth Emerson