<VV> Spark Plug Diagnosis Question

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Fri Nov 26 12:17:02 EST 2010

Hi Experts,

Before Thanksgiving I completed an ignition tuneup by installing new
spark plugs in the Monza 110/4.

One question:

5 of the plugs [AC's from Clark's] looked as expected, as they were last
changed in the late spring - brown with no oil or carbon deposits. #6
plug looked quite white, as if it ran hot. In September, when replacing
the flywheel, Ron Tinkham and I noticed that the oil cooler was rather
clogged up, so we cleaned it out. If that was a cause of hot running,
I'd assume that all the cylinders might run hot, too.

What might cause the #6 plug to burn white at the tip like that?

This time, I've tried Champion plugs to see if there's much difference
in daily use.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven ME 04863