<VV> Louvers and airflow

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 00:17:20 EST 2010

James,

I did a "wind tunnel test" on an EM and a LM coupe with tuffs (little
strips of yarn) all over the cars for the PW. The tuffs show airflow and areas
where the air is separated from the surface. The LM vents has good airflow
on only the outboard half to 2/3s of the vent. The Stinger vents are in a
"good" airflow area, not a high pressure area. Having the doors open
instantly  give a high pressure.

BTW The Performance Workshop in Indy is a great place to hear lots of cool
stuff about Corvairs, it's not just about racing. Yup, that was a plug.

Ned

In a message dated 11/29/2010 7:25:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,