<VV> Odd things WAS model numbers - No Vair

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Nov 30 17:48:12 EST 2010

Back in 64 - 65 I was a mechanic at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer.  New deliveries came on a truck parked right on Telegraph.  The truck driver would back the cars off the trailer and the porter would drive them around to the storage lot.  This particular day the porter drove  a Fury II around back and was gone for quite a while.  Then he, still in the car came in the garage.  I noticed him jumping around in the car like a wild man.  I went over and opened the door,he came out like a shot and ran out of the building.  As I was standing there wondering what his problem was I happened to notice there was not a door handle nor a window crank one in that car!  It had held him prisoner :-)  Good job it did not run out of gas out back as it was just about closing time ... he might have been stuck in there overnight!
Ken P

*********************
 Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

I heard of a Ford Fairmont Futura making it all the way to the end user
with a Mercury Zephyr front sheetmetal. Again, the owner refused the dealers
request to return/exchange it, keeping the novelty of having one of the
first "Hybrid" cars! <grin>

I remember seeing a 1976 Chevy (not-a-real) Monza Town Coupe V8 on the
Chevy dealers showroom floor. It had a 5.7L V8 badge on the driver's side front
 fender, and a 4.3L V8 badge on the passenger's fender.  I wonder if the
car  pulled to the left?

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette
San Jose, CA