<VV> How was the VIN assigned/attached on 69s?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 13:13:53 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/30/2010 9:59:43 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dave at arborlea.com writes:

I’ve read in  several places that final assembly assigned VINs, not Fisher.
 These are  a few references I could quickly  locate:

Thanks, Dave,
Something just doesn't ring true tho. Logic would certainly tell us that
the VIN went on before the windshield. Besides the VIN would certainly have
been  determined and known by Fisher. There was no option information or
other details  in the VIN which contained just body information. It had to be
installed before  the windshield went on, wouldn't it? What could have been a
reason for adding  the VIN during, or after, final assembly?
Regards,
Bob Helt