<VV> How was the VIN assigned/attached on 69s?

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Oct 1 14:14:07 EDT 2010

Bill is right on this one.  Still happens today.
I watched a program watching the new Camaro bodys being assembled in Canada.  Any body coming through for paint had to pass inspection for metal flaws, bad welds, etc.  If a body needed some grinding on a weld or panel before paint prep was pulled off the line, and the next body went through.

VIN tags would have had to be put on before the W/S was installed of course.  But it's pretty evident that the Fisher Body tags were put on at Fisher, and the VIN plate was put on at Willow Run or LA.

Hank