<VV> Electric fuel pump

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Oct 4 13:20:56 EDT 2010

"A fluid pump is a fluid pump."

Not so at all!  There's a big difference between a positive displacement
pump like the mechanical pump and an electric impeller type of pump.  The
impeller type easily stalls in air and will only develop pressure when in a
medium that has some mass.  Gasoline has some mass and air has very little.
RonH