<VV> Pertronics

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 11:08:53 EDT 2010

I have a Pertronics ignition on a '63 Vert. Wouldn't run, only 4 volts at the
coil + side after trying to start it. Installed a relay, triggered by the stock
coil feed, now it starts and runs fine but will not shut off with the key. I
guess a feedback from the charging system is holding the coil in. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob

You've added an alternator also?  Typical!!

If you have..  Add a blocking diode  on the Alternator's   power wire..so it doesn't backfeed to the ignition.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/