<VV> "easy" equates to how much $$$$ ?

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 18:27:19 EDT 2010

I said: "... I prefer the  Innovate system. In my 67 I have dual (left &
right) wide band digital AF  meters in the cab. Makes carb adjustments
extremely  easy...

"Then Chaz asked: "..."easy"  equates to how much $$$$ ?..."

Answer: Chaz, a two bank (left  & right) set up runs about $440 (including
a nice under dash bezel)...  DB-Blue Gauge / LC-1 Kit - P/N: 3795 - #3795,
see
at:http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16235&cat=262&page=1

Now, I realize $440 is more  than a lot of guys want to pay for their whole
Corvair, and that's OK, but my  Vairs get driven regularly, and on long
trips, and I'm all into improvement  aimed at maximizing economy and
reliability. The car with the Innovate set  up also has a Safeguard (knock sensing
system), Crane-Allison ignition, forged  pistons and balanced, PG with 3:27 and
(slightly) high-stall torque converter;  .032 quench; roller rockers, and
on and on. The wife drives this car daily, and  when on road trips, this air
conditioned, powerglide car gets 26 mpg (at a  comfortable cruse speed of
65-70 mph). This type of economy has only been  possible through the use of
the Innovate system to watch AF ratios while  reducing carb jet sizes, and
lowering float levels, until the "sweet" spot  was found. Again, the stock
Corvair is a real fine running ride--had  em since about 1970--but I like to
modernize.

Mike Mauro
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikeamauro