<VV> Chuck Armer

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Sat Oct 9 11:44:55 EDT 2010

Chuck was a very good friend and I will really, really miss him. He was a
long-time, huge supporter of CORSA, involved in organizing events,
supporting many events and participating in concours, displays, autocross,
and track events.  Chuck's personality was open and friendly, willing to
discuss anything Corvairs and enjoy others company.  He often jumped in and
DID rather than sit back and watch. He recently volunteered to organize and
display a wide variety of years and models of Corvairs at the Walter Mitty
event where a number of our members participated on track. This was one week
after the Helen GA show, yet he had 15-20 Corvairs in the Corral at Road
Atlanta. It was excellent National exposure of our cars and CORSA.

Many of you know we joshed each other often. Chuckster, formed Where's The
Beef Racing Team (WBRT) in a friendly competition with our BoHunkBros Racing
team (BBRT). The enclosed picture of Chuck was taken at the motel in
Cranbery PA at an NECC track event weekend at BeaveRun, PA. The picture,
taken by Scott Trunkhill, is labeled because he of WBRT was wearing my BBRT
hat.  I was in the process of making up decals making fun of WAPRT...  Even
had a one-off T shirt planned.

Chuckster couldn't sleep well at times. Once in a while, I would get an
email sent at some un-Godly hour during the night that said, "Sleep is over
rated".  I did the same to him. Funny, we never ended up chatting or
coordinating during our sleepless nights.

Smitty and I met Chuck (Senior Beef) and Scott (Jr. Beef) in Augusta SC
recently where we had dinner together. We all loaded a '64 van I bought from
him and then went out to dinner. I will remember his joviality and
helpfulness.

Wonderful guy.  Really hurts.

Chuck Sadek