<VV> Getting Less NOx Re: make Corvairs less "aromatic"

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 16:38:24 EDT 2010

 As long as you have water!

John Roberts

-----Original Message-----
From: FrankCB at aol.com
To: shortle556 at earthlink.net
Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Sent: Tue, Oct 12, 2010 2:05 pm
Subject: <VV> Getting Less NOx Re:  make Corvairs less "aromatic"

Another great reason to install water injection.  It moderates  combustion
temps and reduces NOx.
Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 10/12/2010 11:29:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
shortle556 at earthlink.net writes:

Bill  Hershowitz installed a cat on his '69 Monza Coupe. I'm not really
sure why or  what if any advantage there is. Our air cooled engines have very
high  combustion chamber temperatures which is why the NOX (oxides of
nitrogen) are  so high. I believe that is the reason VW quit trying to bring
their
air cooled  cars to the US.
Timothy Shortle in (beautiful) Durango  Colorado