<VV> Thoughts on Chuck Armer

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Wed Oct 13 05:17:50 EDT 2010

I have enjoyed reading everyone's memories and impressions of Chuck.
His funeral is later this morning. I'm not able to make the trip to
Atlanta, but will be thinking of him and his family.

My memories of Chuck? Where to begin...

Like many, I remember seeing Chuck at Helen, the Mitty, "Corvairs in
the Curves", VIR, the "Fall Affair", and other events. I remember the
lunch I bought him and the conversation we shared when he stopped on
his way to Charlotte as part of "Operation Corvair Christmas". Chuck
was a big supporter of CORSA and thought everyone interested in
Corvairs should belong. Chuck was a supporter; some are not.

I remember the money he collected for Lon. It was partly what caused
me to collect the CORSA dues money for an unemployed member who
couldn't afford his dues.

Finally, I have found that the way a guy treats your wife says a lot
about him. I have guys call and ask for me, without hardly saying "Hi"
to Kathie, guys we know, guys in the club. After the call, she asks,
"Who was that?". I tell her, and she says, "He didn't even say
hello!". Chuck always had something to say to Kathie and treated her
with respect. But if you knew Chuck, you already knew that.

I was shocked to receive the e-mail Friday night from Michael Cobb. I
still am.

Rest in peace, old friend.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug